Saturday 4 July 2015

Solaz

Another Spanish wine.  This time it is the Solaz Tempranillo - Cabernet Sauvignon blend.


Wine:  Solaz Tempranillo-Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
Location: Spain
Sugar content: 6g/L
Price: $11.45
Vintages number: 610188

A dark red, this wine  has very mild aromas of sweet berries with floral notes. 

The flavours are also mild. Currant, and stronger tannins than I like with a slightly astringent finish. This is not my favourite wine. The flavours are not unpleasant but not strong enough to make an impact. The finish is not bad, but not great. I have had many wines that are worse but a lot that are better. This wine would be fine with a meal but I wouldn't recommend drinking it on its own.  I won't be buying this wine again.

Recommendation: Cork
Rating: 6.5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment